The New Year Means "Keep Going"

As I was leaving my job in Times Square, in addition to the annoyance I felt for having to walk several blocks out of my way and the incredulity I felt watching crowds gather in freezing streets, I felt.....not much else. I don't mark my years by the drop of a ball or the change of the calendar.

Granted, it's a good bookmark, a good comparison point.




One year ago I was in Washington DC. Now I'm in New York. A year ago I was renting a room from a single, older woman with a horse. Today I have a lovely apartment with an amazing new roommate, who has become a close friend. I had no job, and now I have one, I had little direction, and now I have some. I'm not where I want to end up, but it's been a good year trying to get there. I'm not going to seal off this chapter and "start anew"; rather I'm going to keep plugging away at it all. Hopefully, as a wise friend said, today is better than yesterday, but not as good as tomorrow.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts