A Snowfall In Manhattan Is Unnaturally Beautiful


I realized why snow in Manhattan is so significant. Manhattan's grid structure, steel buildings, cramped living quarters, taxi-packed streets, grueling work days, and imported food are unnatural. We boxed in and pruned our greenery. The city remains bright even when the sun goes away. We've spent our time creating the technology to circumvent, speed up, and overcome nature.


But when it snows, the city is covered in nature. When snow comes to shut the city down, we're surprised. And relieved. 




As my roommate and I walked the dog, our boots sinking into the white with each step, I thought this kind of reminds me of real life. Not that living hadn't felt real up to that point. That's the beautiful part. 





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts