The Unofficial West Village Halloween Parade

Last night I squeezed my way through the drunken subway crowd and emerged only to be corralled into slow-moving lines above ground. Like at an amusement park, metal separators funneled people along a path toward the main attraction.

I thought by joining the line I was entering the parade. Imagining something like a disjointed conga line, I pictured everyone dressed up in Halloween costumes simply "parading around" the West Village. As stupid as this sounds, I did not realize the West Village Parade was an actual parade.

Despite the organized floats and loud music, my roommate and I ended up having more fun watching the spectators. We could not find a spot to view the parade as it went by, so we were content to break away from the crowd, walk toward Washington Square Park, and marvel at the costume creativity among parade-goers.

Here is a glimpse:









 








Comments

Popular Posts