Washington, DC

Here I am, once again, in a new place. And while I may not be The Foreigner this time, I'm certainly The Newbie. I'm going to be the newcomer at my internship (come Monday morning) and I'm That Lost One in the street. However, though I am foreign to living in DC, I am no foreigner to conquering new places. I've already been in this position once, twice, three times over. And this time I get to speak my own language! By this time I've gotten the routine down. Check out the living quarters. Expand the scope to outside, seeking basics such as grocery stores, banks, and transit stops first. (Each subway has its own quirks, but if you've seen enough of them you get the hang of the next one pretty quickly.) Be super smiley and try to meet new people because though I am a rock, I am an island, we all know that lonely sucks. And, voila! In a few short weeks, knowing my routine for beginning anew, I will have a new routine for DC! Buckle your seat belt. I'm sure the upcoming getting-to-know-you entries about city basics will be riveting.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts