Where to Spend the Day Shopping in Ipanema

I think this is the first time in my life I spent the entire day shopping. Though we left the apartment late after a relaxed breakfast at home, once we set foot to pavement the full day was devoted to shopping. The colors and light fabrics can entice anyone here, but what made me so happy was that I found great deals on designs that fit my body type--an uncommon occurrence in the US. To sustain our energy, we stopped at OakBerry to split an açaí bowl and got a late lunch at healthy fast food chain Delirio Tropical. Here is a (non-exhaustive) list of notable stores, all along R. Visc. de Pirajá:

Tazza. This store was a hit for both me and my friend. For less than $80 USD, I bought a long-sleeve shirt, quality high-waist trousers, a tailored jumpsuit, and a sweater. 

Carol Ferrera Acessorios at Esquina de Ipanema 540. For about $40 USD, I walked away with a gold dipped necklace, and my friend bought two pair of earrings for about $50 total. The women were all helpful, suggesting items that matched what we had pointed to or picked up, and helping us with mirrors and clasps.

Constance at Botafogo Praia Shopping. Though I didn't buy anything here, my friend walked away with a killer pair of sandals. We were both impressed with the design, comfort, and price of the shoes and were initially surprised at how deceptively large the store is.

Miallegra. This was one of my favorite stores because of the unique designs and patterns. Instead of the typical beach themed prints one can find across both Copacabana and Ipanema, this store showed more artistry with its prints. I bought a long wrap dress with a sassy print of scantily clad women.

Via Sol. Though there was nothing for me at this bathing suit shop, my friend purchased a unique two-piece swim suit unlike anything I had ever seen. The bathing suit fabric on all the items felt thick and high quality, and the designs covered traditional, cute, and sexy aesthetics.

Farm. My friend went to Farm in Sao Paulo and wanted to show me the exotic prints here, so we toured the store. The style and cut of most clothes was more flowing and less fitted than my preference, and the prints were too tropical to fit into my everyday aesthetic back home. However, the layout of the space is more creative than in the other shops, with mirrors and plants strategically placed to make the room feel bigger and more tropical than a traditional shop. It's a fun and unique place to shop.

Lizie. A notable mention.







Comments

Popular Posts