New York--Will You Be My Valentine?

On Valentine's Day I asked New York City to Be Mine. I broke up with Washington DC (don't worry--it was amicable), packed my solitary suitcase, and took the train to the Big Apple without looking back. New York City greeted me with a best friend and a pink Empire State Building. I think I'm giddy.

I had been flirting with New York for a while, but this time it's serious. I'm here to stay. Maybe not forever, but at least for now. Moving here gave me a much warmer feeling than I had after relocating to DC just over a month ago, and for the first time since I graduated college I think I can finally say that one year from now I will be where I already am. Part of me is pained to admit this--I won't be moving back to Asia in the coming year--but I know this is for the best. You need to plant roots to grow.

New York--this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

Comments

  1. Start planting roots. But I expect in the not too distant future you will be back in Asia...maybe not to live but at least for a visit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts