Holy Toledo

The next time you gasp in old-fashioned astonishment and shout "Holy Toledo!" you can rest assured that your words are not false. You should also probably read up on some new slang.

However, I can now testify to the fact that Toledo is, indeed, very holy. It may not be holy in a biblical sense, but it has a vivacious religious history and many religious buildings to prove it. If you don't like the feeling or the decor of one church or synagogue, just walk five minutes down the street to the next one.


I can't say this was my favorite part of my time in Spain. The town would probably light a small fire in the heart of a religious history scholar, but, for me, the best part of the side-trip (in addition to messing around with my mom's camera and taking strangely up-close photos with my dad on the train) was the view:



The quite nature of the pedestrian town lent itself to a slow pace, appreciation of a quick wit (which both my dad and I possess and used often to make the excursion more interesting), and a lot of browsing in the numerous tourist shops.

It's nice to see new things, but for this I think one viewing is enough.

Comments

  1. I liked Toledo. It is full of history and was fun walking around with you and Dad. And I bought my Toledo plate:)Like your photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts